Giant Leap Childcare and Learning Centre Ltd understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to doing everything we can to safeguard personal information.
By making a booking or submitting any personal information via our channels, you are agreeing to us handling your personal information as set out below. If you do not agree to us using your personal information in these ways, then unfortunately we won’t be able to process your booking.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
When you book through us, you need to provide certain information such as your name, address, e-mail, phone number and payment information. If you happen to fill in the booking pages but for some reason don’t actually complete the booking, you will still be considered to have provided us with your information.
If you contact us, whether by phone, e-mail or another method, you’ll be asked to provide certain information. This is likely to include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number so we can respond to you appropriately.
There are also other instances when you’ll provide us with information, for example if you register to manage your booking via our website, leave a review, enter one of our competitions or complete a survey.
Information you give to us about others in your party
If you’re booking with others or for someone else, you will have to give us their information as well, for example their name and date of birth. It’s your responsibility to ensure that they are aware that you have done so, and also accept how we use and process their information as well as yours.
What information do we collect automatically?
When you visit our sites we automatically collect certain information such as the device IP address, the date and time you visited, the hardware, software or particular browser used and information about your visit, including any pages you viewed and interacted with. We do this automatically, even when you don’t actually make a booking.
Information we get from others
We might also get information about you from other sources, affiliates and other third-parties like credit reference agencies, payment processors, search engines or social media sites. We may use this information with other information you provide in order to complete or process your booking. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
What exactly do we do with your personal information?
Your personal information could be used in the following ways:
- Processing your bookings: Put simply, we have to use your personal information to ensure the services you’ve selected and other ancillary products, are provided to you. We need certain information about you and your party so we can fulfil the contractual obligations when you make a booking.
- User Accounts: The information that you provide when you set up an account allows us to provide you with additional services including the ability to manage your bookings, personal settings and access to special offers.
- To communicate with you about your booking: We’ll need to contact you using the email or telephone number you provided to give you information relevant to your arrangements. For example, to confirm your booking, notification of any changes, security alerts, administrative messages about your arrangements and reminders.
- Customer Services: You can contact us at any time, whether this is a general query, a question about your booking or to report an issue. You can do this by email, by telephone or via social media. We’ll use the information that you’ve given us to answer any questions and respond to your query or other queries you might have in the future.
- Personalisation of your experience: We sometimes use your data to enable us to show you the most relevant products and services we think you’ll be interested in, such as the best deals and special offers.
- Marketing: Where you make a booking and haven’t specifically opted-out (or in any other case, if you have opted-in), we may contact you with information about other products and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we think may interest you based on your personal information. Don’t worry, you can opt-out of these emails at any time.
- Promotional Activities: If you take part in any of our promotions (such as surveys or competitions) we will need to use the information you provide to run these promotions.
- Improving our services: Sometimes we might use your data to help us improve the quality and functionality of our services. This could include eliminating bugs in our system, data analysis, testing, and for statistical and survey purposes, all of which helps us improve the service we offer.
- Security: We may use your data as part of the efforts to keep our sites (and the information you provide to us) safe and secure, and to prevent fraud or unauthorised access/use of our sites.
- Fraudulent Claims: We may use your personal information in order to prevent, detect or defend any claims/actions we believe to be potentially fraudulent or detrimental to our legitimate interests.
- Legal and regulatory compliance: We might need to use your information in relation to any legal disputes, regulatory, compliance or criminal investigations, or if necessary to enforce our rights.
When we process your information as described above, we will be relying on one or more of the following legal rights:
- Consent: You may be asked to consent to us sending you marketing and promotional material. If you do kindly give us this consent, we’ll rely on this consent when contacting you. You can always withdraw your consent at any time by simply unsubscribing – just follow the unsubscribe link in the email and it’s done. Alternatively you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be done for you.
- Legitimate interest: We may use your information for our own legitimate interest, for example to provide you with the most relevant content on our site or to promote new services and for certain administrative and legal purposes.
- Business transaction: We may use your data in connection with a business transaction such as the sale of a part or the whole of our business.
How do we store your data?
Any information that you provide is stored on secure servers and all payment transactions are encrypted. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access your information in the course of their work with us. Whilst we do our best to protect your information, no information transferred over the internet or stored electronically can be guaranteed to be completely secure and you provide your information to us at your own risk.
We’ll only retain your information for a reasonable period of time, or for so long as either you or the law allows.
When you pay our services, we don’t store your card details – instead we use an encrypted authorisation ‘token’ issued by your payment provider to collect the payment, or remaining payments if you chose to pay by instalments.
When do we share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances we may share the information you provide to us with organisations outside of Giant Leap Childcare and Learning Centre Ltd. The third parties who we might share your data with include:
- Third party support services: These includes anyone who provides support services or functions on our behalf, including payment card processing, business analytics, review agencies, advertising and customer support services. This may be to send you marketing material on our behalf or to collate information that can be analysed to improve our service. They have access to and may collect information only as required to perform their agreed functions and are not permitted to share or use information for any other purpose.
- Payment Processors and other financial institutions: When you make a payment on your booking, we use a third-party payment processor to take your payment. If you request a chargeback on your booking, it may be necessary for us to share certain details with the payment processor and the relevant financial institution, so they can manage the chargeback. This may include a copy of your booking confirmation, financial details and the IP address that was used to make your booking.
- Referring websites: If you were referred to our site via another webpage, we may share some information about you with that referring website so that they can contact you about their products and services, which may include Google Analytics.
- Business Affiliates: We may share your data with our business affiliates with whom we offer relevant joint services. This may include other agencies and advertising networks. We do this in order to maximise the services that we provide you and so they may contact you directly about their relevant products and services that may interest you. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- Law enforcement authorities: We will disclose personal information insofar as it is required by law or where we believe it is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of potentially criminal acts, including for fraud, immigration, customs, security or anti-terrorism purposes.
Please note that whilst we have procedures and security features to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage, we don’t control the privacy practices of any of these third-parties or your Service Providers and we would encourage you to review their own privacy policies where appropriate.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal information?
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you:
You may request a copy of the personal information we are keeping about you by submitting a Data Subject Access Request to us at the below address.
You may ask that we correct any inaccuracies in the data, ask us to transfer it to another party or provide it to you for transfer it to another party yourself.
You can ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes at any time by sending a request to the below address or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any of the emails that we send to you. Alternatively you can also email email@example.com and it will be done for you. We will let you know if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes.
You have the right to request that we delete all personal information that we hold about you. If there is no other reason beside you providing your consent for us to hold your data, we will delete it upon receiving your request.
If you would like to exercise any of your above rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, writing ‘Data Subject Access Request’ in the subject line. We will deal with any requests we receive in accordance with the relevant UK Data Protection laws.
If you feel we haven’t handled your personal data correctly, you have the right to complain to your local data protection authority. If you’re resident in the UK, The Information Commissioner’s Office is the relevant data protection authority.
What about data that is collected through a mobile device?
How do we treat personal information of children?
You are only allowed to book through our site if you are over 18 years of age. We only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians.
Who exactly is responsible for processing personal information that is collected under the policy?
Giant Leap Childcare and Learning Centre Ltd. controls the processing of data over its sites – in legal terms, this means that Giant Leap Childcare and Learning Centre Ltd. is the Data Controller for the purposes of UK Data Protection laws.
How can you contact us?
Post should be sent for the attention of the Legal & Compliance Department to:
Giant Leap Childcare and Learning Centre Ltd
Coal Clough House
Coal Clough Lane
This page was updated on 16 March 2023